Dellinger's Drug Store
J. Wesley Dellinger operated a Drug Store on the corner of
South Main Street and East Chestnut. In 1923 a portion of the building that
housed Stanley Supply burned.
Stanley Barber Shop in 1922
Barbers Murray McGinnis and Clarence Hovis It was located on the corner of Plum and Main Streets and was a source of pride
Picture taken around 1927. In October of 1928 Garland T. Craig closed his Craig's Cafe and leased the
business to Mr. Ben Jenkins who began operating the same.
J. G. Rutledge Mercantile
Joseph Graham Rutledge in front of mercantile store located
in building next to present day Town Hall.
Dr. Weather's Drug Store
Picture taken sometime around 1930. Pictured in front of the drug store is Forney O.
Goodson, Sr. Notice that the sign indicates Dr. B. G. Weathers Medicines &
Soda Shop also had curb service available.
Shook-Abernathy Grocery Store
Warren Abernathy on the left and Bob Shook on right in
front of Shook-Abernathy Grocery Store on North Main Street around early