Inside Shook's Grocery
Inside the Store on North Main Street
Paul Shook in
apron - Avery Shook behind counter (without hat). Others
Stanley Supply Company
Located on the corner of Main and Plum Streets. Previously Howard Thompson's Store.
Robert F. Craig eventually purchased the building for Gaston County Dyeing
The "Blue Hole"
A favorite swimming hole for Stanley kids in the 1930's and 1940's. It was part
of Stanley Creek and always very cold water.
Stanley's New Fire Engine - 1935
Standing near Stanley's 1935 Dodge Fire Engine are some of
the members of the Volunteer Fire Department. Chief Ralph Handsel, George Derr,
Vip Lineberger, Oliver Shook, Stewart Dellinger and Burle W.
Katterman and Mitchell Mill
Previously Lola Gingham Mills. In 1946 became a subsidiary of J. P. Stevens out of New York.
Small child is "Tony Derr; Calvin
"Cal" Spargo, manager, in center; and Lee McLurd on right. Picture taken around